California's best fish tacos?
Tocaya Organica uses wild-caught, chipotle-rubbed seared sea bass in their fish tacos, which come with a choice of cheese and taco style. The Cali Green features sliced onion, avocado and vinaigrette, while the Baja Chipotle comes with the more traditional combo of shaved cabbage, cilantro, vegan chipotle crema and a sweet chipotle sauce.
Photo courtesy of AVABLU.com
The top 10 winners in the category Best Fish Tacos in California are as follows:
- Rubio's Coastal Grill - Multiple Locations
- Sandbar Sports Grill - San Diego
- Spencer Makenzie's Fish Company - Ventura
- Cholita Linda - Oakland
- Tocaya Organica - Multiple Locations
- Blue Water Seafood Market and Grill - San Diego
- The Codmother Fish & Chips - San Francisco
- Mariscos German Beyer - San Diego
- Don Pisto's - San Francisco
- Oscar's Mexican Seafood - San Diego
A panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to picked the initial 20 nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Experts Chelcey Adami (The Salinas Californian), Anne Chalfant (10Best), Joanne DiBona (10Best), Geneva Ives (10Best), Tom Molanphy (10Best) and Jenny Peters (10Best) were chosen based on their knowledge and experience of the state's food scene.
Congratulations to all these winning restaurants!